Montgomery Square sits on approximately 9 acres of ground where Limekiln Pike meets County Line Road. Our contemporary octagonal design houses our sanctuary, a chapel, classrooms, and a commercial grade kitchen. A prayer walk labyrinth constructed by a member as an Eagle Scout project is available Our grounds also include a columbarium.
Montgomery Square is one the oldest and newest churches in Montgomery Township, PA.
The church was established in 1842 at the intersection of Bethlehem Pike and the old Rt.202 just below Montgomery Mall.
The church served as an island of stability for 160 years as countryside turned into a sea of suburban development.
By 2002, landlocked by development and hungry to grow, the congregation decided to relocate. Th next decade was spent relocating a cemetary, selling the existing church property, seeking new land, and building a new church.
For five years the congregation worshipped at a local banquet facility at Highpoint as a new campus was developed.
On Labor Day weekend of 2011. the congregation moved into its new space at 1900 County Line Road becoming the newest church building and campus in the township.
The focus of Montgomery Square United Methodist Church is to serve in mission as the “hands and feet of Christ”.
We welcome our neighbors to come, visit, and worship.